Last year, I participated in the Mount TBR Challenge, the goal of which is to read books you already own (and make TBR pile a little less intimidating). Since my TBR is is kind of insane, I decided to do the challenge again this year, because I really need to read some of these books! If you want to participate in the challenge, click here.
I’ll list all the books I read for this challenge below, all of which I owned before January 1, 2017.
Challenge Goal: Mt. Kilimanjaro
Challenge Level Achieved: Pike’s Peak
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- Human Acts by Han Kang
- Becoming Queen Victoria by Kate Williams
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
- The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker*
- The Happiness Effect by Donna Freitas*
- The Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak*
- The Perpetual Now by Michael D. Lemonick*
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders*
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Gilded Cage by Vic James*
- The Boy is Back by Meg Cabot
- Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel*
- Saga Vol. 6 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
- Emma by Jane Austen
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
- Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding
*I received ARCs (advance reader copies) of these books, so although they were released in 2017, I possessed copies prior to Jan. 1, 2017.