This year, there aren’t very many books on my holiday wishlist. Mostly because my family generally refuses to contribute to my book addiction. But also because there are SO MANY books on my TBR that I can’t justify adding that many to it right now. Still, there are a few books that I would really love to receive this Christmas, because they are books I do want to read soon. Here are the books I asked for this year:
- The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. One of the main reasons I haven’t jumped into this series yet is because I didn’t want to get sucked in while working with my thesis. But my thesis is almost done, and I cannot wait to read these! I particularly want the British box set – those white covers are so beautiful.
- Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly. I was completely unaware of this story until I saw the trailer for the film adaptation, and now I’m obsessed! Every time I see the trailer, I get a huge smile on my face. I will be getting this book soon (whether or not I have to buy it for myself).
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter. Like pretty much everyone else, I’m obsessed with Hamilton and everything about it. I already have the Ron Chernow bio, so I need this in my collection.
- The Inheritance Trilogy by N. K. Jemisin. I am almost done with my thesis, which means I’m going to make 2017 the year of big books I didn’t have time to read. I keep hearing incredible things about this trilogy, and the bind-up is beautiful. I need it.
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi. I feel like this is the book I missed this year. I actually borrowed it from the library twice, but didn’t get very far through it. It is definitely on my must-read list, though, and I think I will love having it on my shelves.
What books are on your holiday wishlist this year?