This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about characters I’d name a child/pet/car/etc after. I decided to go with pets, because I have actually named pets after characters. And (surprising no one) I’ve decided to go with all characters from Harry Potter. Because I am a huge fan, and it’s been a while since I’ve done any HP posts. (Also, since I just got home from spending seven hours helping my grandmother check her email – not an exaggeration – and don’t want to look at a computer screen anymore, this will be a short post.)
- Hermione. She’s a badass, and one of my favorite characters. I like that the name is unusual, but also present in Shakespeare (A Winter’s Tale).
- Neville. I love Neville – he’s my book boyfriend – and I actually really like this name. P.S. If I ever got a dachshund, I’d name it Longbottom. Because it’s funny.
- Dobby. I did once have two African dwarf frogs named Dobby and Winky.
- Luna. I feel like this is a great name for pretty much any kind of animal. I’ve met both dogs and cats with this name.
- Ginny. I think this would just be a cute name for a cuddly little animal. (Molly would also be good.)
- McGonagall. McGonagall is my favorite, and I could also go with Minerva which is the name of the Roman goddess of wisdom.
- Dumbledore. I’ve wanted a pet rat for as long as I can remember, and for almost as long, I’ve wanted to name it Dumbledore.
- Fawkes. If I ever get a bird, this will be its name. I need to find a red and orange parrot asap.
- Hedwig. Can you keep an owl as a pet? Probably not (they don’t deserve to be caged). But I love Hedwig. I cried more about her death than anyone else in the entire series.
- Crookshanks. So I actually did have an orange cat named Crookshanks, and then I moved away to college and my mom renamed him because she couldn’t pronounce it.
Have you named any animals after characters? Let me know in the comments!