Since my Halloween/October reading plans have gotten a bit off track, I have decided to participate in the Spookathon this year! It is a readathon that takes place from October 17 to October 23. I found out about it through Lala at Books and Lala, who is one of the creators of this readathon. Since this is my week off from class, and I only have one day of work, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for a readathon. This one has five challenges, and I chose three books that satisfy all of them!
- Read a thriller
- Read a book with red in the cover
- Read a book with a spooky word in the title
- Read a 2016 release
- Read a book with a paranormal character or creature
What I’m reading:
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena – 2016 release and a thriller. I received this book in my September Book of the Month Club box, and I’ve been meaning to get around to it. I’ve heard great things, and I think this will be the perfect opportunity to give it a shot. (I might substitute this with Amy Gentry’s Good as Gone depending on what I’m in the mood for.)
- Horns by Joe Hill – a book with red in the cover and a book with a paranormal character. I am determined to read a Joe Hill book this month, and this seems to be the one that is the most Halloween-appropriate (thanks for the recommendation Lindsay!). I have seen the movie and did enjoy it, so I’m looking forward to the book.
- This Book is Full of Spiders by David Wong – a book with a spooky word in the title (spiders) and a book with a paranormal creature. I’ve been planning to read this book since last October, when I read the first book in the duology (John Dies at the End). It’s creepy and weird, and I’m excited to get around to it.
If you’re participating in the Spookathon, let me know what you’re planning one reading (or link your TBR) in the comments!