This week’s Top Ten Tuesday post is all about the top ten books on my TBR this fall. My reading has been a bit iffy lately – I’ve either been in a slump or very close to one for the last month or so. I’m hoping that ends soon, because there are a lot of great books I want to read before the end of the year. Some of the books below are ARCs (advanced reader copies) that I need to read for review, but all of them are books I’m very interested in reading.
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen. This book won the Pulitzer this year, so it’s been on my radar for a while. I read a page in Barnes & Noble a couple of months ago, and it had to come home with me. I’m hoping to read it before the end of the year, and I think I’m finally in the mood for a spy novel.
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. I need to jump back into this brilliant fantasy world. I’ve been trying to hold off to make the wait for the third book a bit shorter, but it’s been calling my name.
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I have the first two books in this series, and I want to read them soon so I can decide if it’s worth getting the matching special edition of the third book (I can’t stand when covers don’t match).
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab. I’m already having Victoria Schwab withdrawals after This Savage Song. Fortunately, I haven’t yet started this series, so I’m really looking forward to this. (Longtime readers may remember this was on my TBR for LAST NOVEMBER, and I can’t believe I still haven’t read it!)
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin. I can’t believe I still haven’t picked up this book. I bought a copy a while ago, and it’s just been sitting on my shelf. I tend to read more historical fiction in the fall, so I think this might be a great time to finally read it!
- Seige & Storm by Leigh Bardugo. I really, really want to read Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom, but I need to finish the Grisha trilogy first. I’ll still be picking up Crooked Kingdom when it’s released, but I need to get on these. It’s been a while since I read Shadow & Bone.
- Beast by Brie Spangler. This is a very unique Beauty and the Beast retelling that will be released next month. I have an ARC, so I would really like to read it before then, so I can review it for you guys.
- Victoria: The Queen by Julia Baird. I have a soft spot for the British monarchy, and Queen Victoria is one of my favorite historical figures. This book is set to be released in November, so I’ll be reading it sometime before then. I’m excited to pick up another history book, because it’s been a while.
- Smoke by Dan Vyleta. I received a copy of this book just after it was released in May, and I still haven’t read it. It sounds like it’ll be a great, dark, fall read, so I’m planning on picking it up soon.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling (the illustrated edition). I’ve been looking forward to reading this since I read the illustrated edition of The Sorcerer’s Stone last year. My copy is already preordered, and I can’t wait to jump back into Harry Potter.
What books are on your fall TBR?