It’s September, which (among other things) means: Fall TV! I love having hours of new, exciting shows to watch each week, and I can’t wait for the new seasons of some of my favorites. Since this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about TV, I thought I’d go for something simple and share the ten shows I’ll be tuning into this fall.
- Gilmore Girls. Obviously. I am so excited about the revival, even though we’re only getting four episodes. I almost don’t even care who Rory ends up with – we get more Gilmore Girls!
- The Big Bang Theory. I unabashedly love this show, and have been a fan since season one. I even got my dad obsessed – he watches it religiously now. I just have a soft spot for nerds, I can’t help it.
- New Girl. I love Zooey Deschanel. Her quirkiness just makes me happy. Also, I identify with Nick Miller probably more than I should admit. (I have not – yet – written a zombie novel, though.)
- Scream Queens. This was kind of a guilty pleasure of mine last year. I love how absurd it is, and Jamie Lee Curtis is amazing. Since I’m not sure about AHS this year (there are so many spiders in the promos), I think this is going to be my weekly dose of horror.
- How to Get Away With Murder. I love this show so much! Viola Davis is incredible, and there’s no way I’m not going to continue after last season’s cliffhanger.
- Quantico. I started watching this out of boredom a few months ago, and was surprised to find that I was hooked. Last season was so crazy, I’m excited to see what they throw at us this year.
- Elementary. A great way to satisfy my Sherlock cravings while we wait for Sherlock to FINALLY come back on the air. Plus, I really love the relationship between Holmes and Watson in this version.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. This show is ridiculous, but so fun. I like the weird, random musical numbers and the fact that the main character embarrasses herself about fifty times an episode.
- The Last Man on Earth. Another show that’s kind of insane, but totally makes me laugh. And I’ve become kind of attached to the characters.
- The Blacklist. I need to catch up with last season, but I think this is definitely a series I want to continue watching. I mean, James Spader is in it. I don’t need much else.
This was surprisingly difficult, because so many shows I love or want to start watching aren’t airing until next year (Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Scandal, American Gods, Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things), but I definitely think these are ten shows I can commit to for this new season. If you have any recommendations for fall shows you think I’d like, let me know in the comments!