Today’s Top Ten Tuesday (a weekly feature sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish) is: childhood characters I’d like to revisit as adults. Basically, these are ten characters I got to know as children and would like to see how they’re doing as adults. Cue the spinoffs! During the process of writing this post, I actually wrote a short story about one of these characters as an adult – I won’t say which, but I might post it at some point. So that was fun.
Anyway, here are the ten characters I would love to catch up with:
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I know we get a glimpse of her post-Hogwarts life in the epilogue of The Deathly Hallows, but I need more.
- Max from Where the Wild Things Are. I couldn’t not put Max on here, because this is my favorite children’s book. Did he ever see the wild things again?
- Matilda from Matilda. Does she still have telekinesis? But more importantly, what did she choose to do with her life? Is she a scientist or a writer or a librarian? I want to know!
- Sara Crewe from A Little Princess. Because for a children’s book from 1905, Sara was kind of a badass.
- Milo from The Phantom Tollbooth. I’m kind of curious about all the characters who were transported to different worlds. It would be cool if Milo chose a career based on one of his experiences in this book.
- Stanley Yelnats from Holes. I want to know what he did with his fortune, and if he’s stayed in touch with any of the other boys from camp.
- The Baudelaire siblings from A Series of Unfortunate Events. Honestly, I just hope they’re still alive.
- Fern from Charlotte’s Web. I’m sure she’s doing some sort of animal activism. Maybe saving farm animals from the slaughterhouse. She’s also probably a vegan.
- Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Because he’s most likely still running Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. Obviously.
- James from James and the Giant Peach. (Obviously I loved Roald Dahl as a child.) I just want to know if he’s ever eaten another peach. I’d probably be sick of them forever.
What childhood character would you love to revisit as an adult?