I’m starting to like these book haul posts, because they make me feel guilty about the number of books I buy each month. This month, I bought the least number of books since I’ve been posting these hauls (I went back and checked), so yay me! That said, I still bought too many books. But baby steps, right? Plus, I’m planning a massive unhaul soon, so that will make it better. That’s what I keep telling myself.
So, in February, I acquired a total of twenty-eight books (one of which is a digital ARC, so it barely counts). Six of these books were preordered prior to February, two of which are Christmas gifts from my parents (they were just released this month). I have two copies each of Morning Star and A Gathering of Shadows because I ended up going to a book signing for Morning Star had had to buy a copy from the store hosting the signing to get it signed (worth it!), and I saw A Gathering of Shadows a few days early in Barnes & Noble, so obviously I had to get it (actually, I was being good and put it back on the shelf until V. E. Schwab herself responded to my Instagram post about it, and encouraged me to buy it – #badinfluence, her hashtag, not mine). Funnily enough, the signed copies of each are the two Christmas gifts from my parents (they don’t need to know I have two). But they’re some of my favorite books, so I’m fine having multiples, especially signed multiples. I bought the Brontë Vintage Classics because I’m obsessed with my Jane Austen ones, and I had to have them because they’re pretty. And my last book excuse is that I got the new translation of War and Peace because it’s easier to read than the edition I already own.
I’m done now. You can see all the books I ended up buying in February down below.
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Morning Star by Pierce Brown (personalized signed copy)
- Morning Star by Pierce Brown (signed copy)*
- A Burnable Book by Bruce Holsinger
- Cleopatra’s Daughter by Michelle Moran
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
- Laika by Nick Abadzis
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt*
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski*
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard (signed copy)*
- Devil in the White City by Erik Larson*
- A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab (signed copy)*
- A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Vintage Classics Edition)
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë (Vintage Classics Edition)
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë (Vintage Classics Edition)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister by George R. R. Martin
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (new translation by Anthony Briggs)
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- The History Major by Michael Phillip Cash (NetGalley eARC)
*These books were preordered prior to February. So they don’t really count, right?