The theme for today’s Top Ten Tuesday – a weekly feature sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish – is 2015 releases I meant to get to, but haven’t (yet). While I was pretty good at keeping up with book news last year, and read more books in a single year than I ever have, I didn’t get to everything I wanted to read. The ten books below are books that I am still planning on reading, and would like to get to very soon.
1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Krisoff. This book got a ton of hype this year. I enjoy books with unconventional formats, so I am very intrigued by this one. Every time I’m in Target, I grab a copy and flip through it. It’s such a beautiful book. Hopefully, I’ll be picking this one up soon!
2. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. I honestly don’t know much about this book, but everyone who has similar reading tastes has said that it’s amazing. I need to read more literary fiction (and not let big books intimidate me so much), so this one is definitely on my TBR list.
3. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I am finally getting back into historical fiction, and this is one of the books I keep hearing about. I tend to like WWII historical fiction, so I’m excited about reading this one.
4. Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman. I actually got a signed copy of this when it came out back in February. I went to a Neil Gaiman event and heard him read a couple of stories from this book, and loved them. But I still haven’t read it. I need to pick it up soon. Because it’s becoming a bit sad.
5. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera. I’ve been hearing little whispers about this book for the past year, and it seemed to kind of go under the radar. But I picked up an ebook when it was on sale on iBooks and have been hearing really great things about it, so I want to read it soon.
6. Armada by Ernest Cline. In 2015, I read and loved Ready Player One – it was one of my favorite books of the year. So I was looking forward to picking up Cline’s new book. And then I just didn’t. Oops. Still on my TBR. Hopefully, I’ll get to it this year.
7. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates. I have heard incredible things about this book, which is a nonfiction book that addresses the issue of race in the US. I am planning on reading it this year, because it sounds very interesting.
8. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. This book has been on and off my TBR for a while. It got some mixed reviews, and, honestly, I wasn’t sure I want to read about a marriage. But, ultimately, I decided I want to see what the hype is all about, because it’s been getting a lot – it was President Obama’s favorite book of the year.
9. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. This one’s been on my radar since it came out. It sounds amazing, and it has great reviews. I just didn’t get around to reading it.
10. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness. I’ve been meaning to read a Patrick Ness novel for a while, and I found a signed copy of this one at Target. I keep meaning to read it, but just haven’t picked it up yet. I definitely will be reading it soon.
That’s it for this Top Ten Tuesday! Let me know what 2015 releases you meant to get to last year. If you’ve read any of these books, I’d love to hear your thoughts.