This list was difficult to put together, because I really only have three highly anticipated releases in the first half of 2016 (all of which I got preordered, signed copies of for Christmas!). I’m usually pretty bad at keeping up with book news – surprising, I know. Anyway, after a lot of research, I came up with ten books that are being released in the first half of 2016 that I am excited about. So, here they are:
10. Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley – January 5. I actually have an ARC of this one, and am hoping to get to it within the next week or so, because it comes out the first week in January.
9. These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker – February 9. This book is described as Jane Austen meets X-Men. Sign me up!
8. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro – March 1. This is a contemporary YA novel with a Sherlock Holmes twist. It’s been getting pretty good reviews, so I’m excited to see where it goes.
7. Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard – January 6. I have never actually read one of these series half-books/short stories/novellas/whatever you want to call them. But I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so I thought I’d give this one a shot.
6. Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel – April 26. I feel like this is going to be one of the biggest sci-fi releases of 2016. I actually have an ARC of this book, and am hoping to get to it soon!
5. Remembrance by Meg Cabot – February 2. I loved the Mediator series in high school, and Meg Cabot is finally releasing another Mediator novel.
4. The Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – June 7. Basically, I will read anything Victoria Schwab writes.
3. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard – February 9. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Red Queen, and am really looking forward to the sequel!
2. A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab – February 23. A Darker Shade of Magic was one of my favorite books of the year, so, obviously, I am excited for the next installment in the series. I got an advanced excerpt of the first 150 pages, and they are amazing!
1. Morning Star by Pierce Brown – February 9. I don’t think I’ve wanted a book this badly since Harry Potter. I am obsessed with this series, and can’t wait to get my hands on this book!
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish – click the link for more information and to see other Top Ten Tuesday posts! And let me know what early 2016 book release you’re most excited for!