Today’s Top Ten Tuesday post, brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish, is all about the ten wishes I’d ask the Book Genie to grant me. And here they are:
1. The ability to read in my sleep. In Pierce Brown’s Red Rising, the main character has to absorb a lot of knowledge in a short amount of time. Due to the futuristic technology, he is able to absorb books into his brain while he sleeps. I sometimes hate sleeping, because I’d rather be reading or actually doing something. I think having this ability would totally fix that problem.
2. A real-life boyfriend who is the perfect mix of Mr. Darcy (from Pride and Prejudice) and Mr. Tilney (from Northanger Abbey). With maybe a teensy bit of Sherlock Holmes thrown in.
3. A very large personal library (with unlimited funds to fill it). Because obviously.
4. A Harry Potter sequel. Come on, wouldn’t it be cool to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione as adults? The epilogue was not enough!
5. First editions of all my favorite books. I once saw I first edition of Pride and Prejudice in a bookstore and I almost cried. It was, of course pretty much an entire year’s salary. If I ever become absurdly wealthy, I’m going to travel the world and buy all the books.
6. A better book memory. I read so many books, it’s hard to remember them all. But it would be really awesome if I could.
7. A Hogwarts acceptance letter. I obviously didn’t get mine because Voldemort had the records of all the Muggle borns destroyed. I would totally relive my teenage years if it meant I could spend them at Hogwarts.
8. Books for kids who don’t have them. Reading is one of the most important and magical things in the world, and no one should be deprived of it.
9. A stylish purse that can hold an unlimited number of books without getting unreasonably heavy or having to be giant. Like Hermione’s in The Deathly Hallows.
10. Ten more wishes! Just kidding. I’d use my final wish for the ability to go inside any book. How fun would it be to jump inside your favorite book for a few hours – or days – and get to see all the characters and the world up close?
Those are the ten things I would wish for from the Book Genie! Fingers crossed some of them actually happen. Hope you enjoyed this post! Leave a comment down below letting me know what you’d wish for from the Book Genie.