1. TV Shows. I have been catching up on a ton of show this summer, and I actually found myself laughing out loud several times. Most of the shows I watch are dramas (I have recently been binging on the third season of Elementary, which is awesome), but I do watch a few comedies. My favorites are The Big Bang Theory, Parks and Rec, The Office, 30 Rock, and American Dad.
2. My cats. They’re ridiculous and crazy, and never fail to be entertaining. Just yesterday, my dad found one of them in the air vents and had to take the intake grate off just to get him out. We still have absolutely no idea how he got in there.
3. Books. I’m definitely one of those people who will laugh out loud at a book in public. Most of the books I’ve been reading lately are not comedies, but a few of them still had moments of humor, which I kind of like better than a wholly funny book. I do still appreciate true comedies, and I’d highly recommend Tina Fey’s Bossypants, Amy Poehler’s Yes, Please, Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs, and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I also really appreciate the humor in Andy Weir’s The Martian, Pride and Prejudice and Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, and anything by Pierce Brown or Neil Gaiman.
4. Movies. When I need a brainless escape, or my eyes are starting to hurt from reading too much, I usually find a comedy to watch (I need to be in the mood for a good drama). My go-tos at the moment are movies like Legally Blonde, Pitch Perfect, The Heat, or Bridesmades (I love Melissa McCarthy!).
5. Random things on the internet. I have become moderately addicted to Tumblr. I will occasionally fall down the rabbit hole of random, funny quotes (Einstein is my favorite). And I have a plethora of memes saved on my phone. It’s slightly embarrassing.