I feel like there’s been a lot of awesome books being made into movies lately, so I decided to share some I’m most excited about that are coming out in the next year.
1. The Martian. I think this is the one I’m most excited about. The book was one of my 2014 favorites, and I think the movie is going to be amazing. It’s set for release on November 25, and stars Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Jeff Daniels, Kate Mara, Sean Bean (who, spoiler alert, doesn’t die!), and Kristen Wiig.
2. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II. The final installment of The Hunger Games comes in at a close second. I loved the books, and I think they did a great job translating them onto the screen. It’s going to be really interesting to see how they do this one. It’s set for release on November 18.
3. Frankenstein. Daniel Radcliffe and James McEvoy will be bringing Mary Shelley’s masterpiece to the big screen on in October. The movie focus on Igor, Dr. Frankenstein’s assistant, and I’m curious to see where they go with that.
4. Paper Towns. I’ve been a John Green fan for a while, so I’m excited to see his next book-turned-movie. Paper Towns was kind of a weird book, but it made me wish I was still in high school (mostly because I wasn’t nearly as cool as Margo and felt like I could use a do-over). I hope the movie is able to capture the fantastical nostalgia Green put in his book.
5. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I have been waiting for this one for years! Rumor has it Natalie Portman was set to star before she got pregnant (yes, that long ago), but it is finally in production and will be coming out in February of next year, uniting fans of Jane Austen and campy horror movies. This could either be really awesome or awesomely terrible.
Honorable Mention: Big Little Lies. Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman just acquired the rights to this books and are turning it into a mini series. No idea when this one is coming out, but it’s going to be good!
What movies are you most looking forward to this year?